Artisan Complete is looking for a Production Coordinator, this opportunity is located in Markham and will be reporting directly to the General Manager, please see more details about the role below:
What you will be responsible to do:
- Reviews estimate and alters if necessary for cost effectiveness and quality
- Reviews quote and Sales Representative's notes and follows-up with necessary parties if there is missing information or information is not accurate
- Initiates a docket in the database system
- Distributes docket to all necessary departments - Prepress, Print Production, Die Cutting, Corrugated, Distribution
- Issues purchase orders for stock, hardware, outside printing & finishing
- Ensures packing and distribution information (matrixes, spreadsheets, distribution lists) is complete and forwards information to the Distribution department
- Prepares a job for production by drawing sketches and completing any required scanning and layouts
- Ensures artwork is correct by proofreading Epson proofs and coordinating final approval with Sales Representative and/or client
- Follows-up with suppliers in respect to the delivery of purchase orders; matches packing/receiving slips with docket information and records receipt of orders in the database system
- Follows the job through all stages of production (Creative, Prepress, Print, Die Cutting, Distribution) ensuring job is on schedule to meet delivery deadline
- Updates job status in the database system on a regular basis
- Communicates with the Sales Representative keeping them informed about the status of the job and any problems with the job
- Responds to inquiries from clients and suppliers
- Revises docket in the database system when a job changes and distributes revised docket to the necessary parties
- Reconciles purchase order invoices ensuring price is correct
- Closes docket by collecting all costs and forwarding the docket to Sales Representative for invoicing
What is required for this role:
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in relevant field of study or equivalent combination of education, training and work experience is required.
- Minimum of 3 years work experience in coordination.
- Knowledge of Data Processing is an asset.
- Strong computer skills, MS Word, Excel and experience working in databases.
- Superior communication skills both oral and written.
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to multitask and prioritize.
- Excellent problem solving skills, ability to apply general logic and use sound judgment when making decisions.
- Strong knowledge of procedures, organization and industry practices.
Artisan Complete is located in Markham and have been established since the 1970's. We offer a competitive compensation and benefit package. If this sounds like you, and you are ready to join a motivated and innovative team, apply today by using the APPLY NOW button and sending us your resume and cover letter. Only selected candidates will be contacted, but we thank you for your interest in working with us at Artisan Complete.
By applying to this position you are confirming you possess either a Canadian citizenship, permanent resident status or work permit