Scania is one of the world's leading manufacturers of trucks and buses for heavy transport, and of industrial and marine engines. A growing part of the business consists of maintenance and service, assuring Scania
customers of cost-effective transport solutions and maximum uptime.
The role of the Parts Advisor is to provide timely and efficient support for the Aftersales operation whilst meeting and exceeding sales targets and identifying and generating potential new leads. Outstanding customer service is expected to both internal and external customers by way of exceptional communication.
Essential Duties and Job Responsibilities
- Manage and control optimum stock profile for the branch whilst minimising levels of obsolescence.
- Understand and utilise Dealer Stock Management system.
- Assist in achieving branch KPI's in relation to stock turn, first pick, reduction of branch freight charges, taking full advantage of all buy back opportunities.
- Maintain a high standard of cleanliness and tidiness, ensuring the appearance of the warehouse, common areas and retail display units are kept to the highest standards.
- Keep service exchange / warranty returns in order.
- Reduce stock check line discrepancy rates.
- Proactively embark on perpetual stock checks.
- Increase parts sales and fixed price repairs through proactive selling, establishing routine of outbound calls and visits to customers.
- Use all avenues to market Scania parts offers.
- Record all customer complaints via CRM ensuring the quickest resolution possible.
- Meet all specific objectives set by General Manager.
- Maintain Dealer Operating Standards within department to a high standard.
- Assist in training and development for all departmental staff.
- Proactively work to improve CSI and mystery shop results.
- Order parts in line with operational needs and chase suppliers.
- Assist with delivery and collection of parts when required, ensuring they are packaged and documented correctly.
- Support the Service Advisor.
- Comply with company health, safety and environmental policies at all times.
Education and/or Experience
- Technicalexperience and/or qualification.
- Automotiveindustry or fast moving parts sales experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Good computer skills - preferably knowledge of Autoline 8.35.
- General warehousing skills and knowledge.
- Excellent customer service skills and ability to build and manage relationships.
- Effective communication skills
- Effective time management and organisation skills.
- Strong attention to detail