Vehicle Technician & MOT Tester
An exciting opportunity has arisen in the Service Department for a talented & dynamic Time Served Vehicle Technician & MOT Tester
Thurlow Nunn is fast becoming one of the dominant Vauxhall dealers in the UK. The company also operates Saab and Chevrolet aftersales franchises in Norwich. We have recently opened the newest addition to our dealerships with a newly constructed Vauxhall Brand Centre in Dunstable. We have also branched out into Luton with the purchase of the two Motorbodies sites on Kimpton and Dallow road.
The respect generated by the Thurlow Nunn name and the backing of older parts of the business have helped the automotive retail and aftersales arm achieve its pre-eminent position in the region. Nevertheless, the efficiency, fair dealing and friendly attitude of our staff have been key to our on-going success.
- Recover defective or damaged vehicles in line with Service Manager's instructions.
- Carry out testing and diagnostic work, interpreting repair order instructions and technical information.
- Discuss any work requiring specialist skills with the workshop supervisor/controller.
- Plan necessary work and order parts to ensure vehicles are ready as promptly as possible.
- Carry out all service and repair work to company and manufacturer standards, making effective use of time and resources.
- Carry out MOT testing of vehicles and complete necessary paperwork in line with regulations if applicable.
- Accurately report vehicle faults and work carried out, for ease of reference by service reception.
- Train and mentor apprentices when required.
- Maintain work area, tools and equipment in a safe and clean condition.
- Maintain correct warranty procedures in line with defined company procedures.
- Maintain knowledge of technical developments through attending training courses and developmental activities as required.
The ideal candidate should have exposure to working within the automotive industry and be time served.
- Target Driven
- Ambitious and hungry to succeed
- A driver's licence is essential for this role
- You must have experience of working in a similar role
- Excellent career development opportunities as part of a growing group.
- Competitive Salary and great bonus scheme
- Time saved bonus scheme
- Your annual holiday entitlement will be 20 days' holiday.