Beacon Hill Technologies is currently looking for a Business Analyst for a client located in Akron, Ohio for a contract to hire.
* NO CORP TO CORP.*
Serves as technical and analytical resource for utilization of technologies to create and maintain custom applications for business processes in accordance with programming standards, procedures and best practices. Acts as liaison between IT staff and internal or external clients, to coordinate strategies for application development.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Provides support of full life cycle application development including, but not limited to, design specifications, requirements analysis & definition, development, testing, training, implementation, and quality assurance.
- Analyzes data, application and processing architectures to determine development requirements and strategies that best utilize technology and Information Technology resources.
- Provides advice and expertise regarding possible Information Technology solutions, including alternatives, impacts, costs, benefits, and recommendations.
- Performs data gathering and analysis; participates significantly in interpreting analysis and developing action plans and application design specifications.
- Communicates, coordinates, and works with remaining IT staff in resolving and completing Projects and System Requests that involve multiple departments.
- Produces and presents clear, concise, and professionally written communications and presentations including implementation status and milestone achievements pertaining to applications during the development process.
- Completes and maintains end-user and system documentation, including project task and issues lists, version control information, data dictionaries and quality control documents, including, but not limited to, use of Team Foundation for documentation and source code control in accordance with departmental policies and standards
- Communicates and updates time, System Requests (SRs) and project status to management
- Performs all job functions with integrity. Provides timely internal and external customer service in cooperative, professional, and respectful manner.
Associate Degree or may substitute with 2 years of like experience.
3+ years performing same or similar responsibilities.
Applications: AMISYS and AMISYS interfaced applications, Visual Studio, Team Foundation System, IIS, Sharepoint
Databases: Relational Database knowledge/experience with SQL Server 2005, including Reporting Services, Analysis Services, Integration Services. Knowledge of Oracle 10g DBMS and Application Suite
Other Software: Visio, Microsoft Office, MS Access, Crystal Reports, Microsoft Project
Available and interested candidates should apply to this posting or send your resume to JOE for immediate consideration.