- Integration, testing and on-going support of 24 x 7 x 365 systems.
- Installation and support of operating system, software and patches.
- Installation and support of application software and patches.
- Perform Unix Systems Administration for Solaris systems.
- Coordination of activities with team members, users and management.
- Creating or updating systems documentation as changes occur.
- Offering direction to less experienced peers.
- Comfortable performing multiple tasks on multiple systems.
- Participating in on call rotation.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 5-7 years Solaris Systems Administration Experience.
- Expertise in Solaris, Linux and AIX
- Knowledge of NFS, DHCP, and DNS.
- Knowledge of Symantec Foundation Suite.
- In-depth hardware configuration knowledge.
- Shell programming expertise.
- Knowledge of Oracle T-Series and M-Series Entry-Level and Midrange Servers.
- Knowledge of Oracle virtualization technologies: Container and LDOM.
- Ability to analyze problems, propose solutions and drive issues to resolution.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize and manage time efficiently.
- Ability to deal with changing priorities and handle multiple projects.
- Ability to work well on a team as well as individually.