My client is looking for a Strategic Buyer with a strong manufacturing and strategic background.
The main duties will be to develop sourcing strategies, negotiate supplier Agreements and manage suppliers.
Key Competencies Required:
- A good understanding of business finance, contracts, material and technologies employed in an electronic systems environment.
- An ability to interface well at all levels within the business and outside to customers, partners and suppliers.
- Personal skills enabling a functional culture to operate around effective teamwork.
- Able to interface across all levels of the business and the organization.
- Able to address and manage several different actions/issues at the same time.
- Strong influencing skills and relationship management skills.
- Ability to work in context of major programmes and complex environment.
Experience and Knowledge Required:
- Ideally membership of an appropriate professional body, eg CIPS, a graduate or equivalent with a strong track record in the Procurement function gained over at least 5 years.
- Demonstrated experience in leading, managing and developing people. Or able to demonstrate the right basic skills to develop in this area.
- Skilled negotiator with experience in project management and supplier performance.
- Demonstrated experience in formulating and executing strategies.
- Knowledge in purchasing and in mechanical and industrial spend categories.
For more details about the role, please contact Nicola Crofton.