The Moving Estimator is responsible for properly cubing out moving jobs to provide accurate estimates to customers. He/She is also assigned to oversee the operations of each move that are being conducted on a daily basis, safeguard activities to run as efficiently and as smoothly as possible, promote the general image of the company in a positive and professional manner, and provide coaching, supervision, recognition, guidance, training and motivation to personnel.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assess and estimate moving jobs.
- Managing a team of movers directly and directing their activities for successful completion of each job
- Managing the overall performance analysis of movers and jobs
- Developing and creating new leads
- Monitoring team performance to ensure that goals and training efforts are met.
- Measuring and demonstrating the group productivity as well as the individual's reports related to customer outcomes.
- Identifying and articulating reporting requirements, which includes targets, specific data, and anticipated outcomes.
- Other duties as required
SKILLS AND SPECIFICATIONS:
- Must have a minimum of 5 years moving estimator experience
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills to present to Executive level staff, internal staff and outside clientele.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills
- Must possess strong knowledge of reading, writing and arithmetic skills
- Self-starter and highly motivated with strong work ethic and integrity
- Team oriented and a desire to support the Company's goals and initiatives
- Must be able to prioritize and manage multiple projects and deadlines
- Must be able to work alone on a broad variety of projects
- Flexible in a fast paced environment
- Must possess strong computer skills and be proficient in Microsoft Office, internet search skills and professional and social networking sites
- Able to establish and maintain healthy working relationships with people in course of work.
- Associates degree in a related field
- Bachelor's degree preferred
About the Company